HPC Cluster of Laboratório Nacional de Energia e Geologia (LNEG): 96 computation cores, 768 GB of RAM, 32 TB for data storage and 56 Gb/s Infiniband communication infrastructure for MPI computation among nodes holding 4 TFLOPS computing capacity.
State of the art: The latest software versions are currently available, namely Ansys 2020 R2, OpenFOAM v2012, TRNSYS 18.00.0019, Tonatiuh v2.2.4, SolTrace v3.0 or SAM 2020.11.29.
Services currently offered by the infrastructure:
- Computer fluid dynamics (CFD) simulation;
- Simulation of transient systems and components;
- Optical simulation of solar concentrating systems using ray-tracing;
- Systems’ techno-economic simulation with the System Advisory Model and
- Computing time for user developed software.