Research infrastructure of the Tomas Bata University in Zlín (TBU) is composed of CTT and CPS, which obtained the HR Award HRS4R. The ES research is developed in five directions related to Li-ion batteries and supercapacitors. Moreover, as a sixth direction, the relationship between the energy systems and society is being examined from the multidisciplinary viewpoint in cooperation with the Faculty of Management and Economics of TBU.
State of the art: CTT has available certified clean rooms with certification No. 20 00010SJ, ČSN EN ISO 13485 and ISO 14644 for the class of purity ISO 7 used for medical and energy components. In the section of energy materials, there is a pilot production line for experimental production of pouch cell batteries being completed. CPS has been sharing its research infrastructure within 6 groups and the complete infrastructure includes about 500 research equipment items, most of which belong to the state-of-the art equipment.
Services currently offered by the infrastructure: Services offered include development and testing of energy materials for batteries and supercapacitors in five research directions + socio-economic aspect of energy:
- Electrochemical performance of ES devices including prototype development and fabrication;
- Development of flexible, asymmetric and hybrid supercapacitors;
- Development of sodium-ion, lithium-ion, lithium-sulphur and lithium-potassium batteries, Environmentally friendly compositions and self-healing properties;
- Solid-state lithium-based batteries;
- Assessment of socio-economic aspects of energy.