ATENEA MICROGRID of Centro Nacional de Energías Renovables (CENER) is primarily oriented to industrial applications. It can operate in an on-grid or off-grid mode. The microgrid main objective is to serve as a controlled test bench for new equipment development and systems testing, ES testing, and control and energy management strategies and algorithms development and tuning in a controlled environment as well as a test bench for electrical protections equipment.
State of the art: The microgrid counts with the following generation and storage technologies:
- Rooftop Photovoltaic installation of 25 kW peak of power;
- Full Converter Wind turbine of 20 kW of power;
- Genset of 55 kVA (48 kW); iv) 0 kW gas microturbine with thermal recovery for both cold and heat;
- Vanadium flow battery of 50 kW, 4 hours;
- Gel type acid lead battery of 50 kW, 2 hours;
- SCs of 30kW, 37 seconds;
- Ion-Lithium batteries of 30KW, 1hours.
Services currently offered by the infrastructure:
- Power electronics generators test bed against an on-grid and off-grid network;
- Grid profiles emulation and equipment response analysis;
- Storage testing capacity for different technologies and
- Test bed for Control and Energy Management Algorithms validation.